Author : Al Kingsley @AlKingsley_edu
No it’s not an opportunity to “clean things up”, S.O.A.P is a school on a page summary that gives leaders a clear oversight on all key data and a handy reference point over time.
I’d argue for many governors it’s a really useful tool should you get a call from Ofsted and need to ensure everyone is on the same page with their data.
I have included an example below that may be a useful starting point when discussing with your school leaders.
Key information contained in a SOAP report might be :
- School Context
- School objectives for the year ( linked to the school development plan)
- The Schools SEF – Self evaluation
- Schools Data results for all key indicators
- Comparisons with either regional or national averages
- Pupil and Sports Premium summary
- Next Steps – again linked to the schools’ development plan.
- Successes / Areas to highlight and Celebrate.
- Perhaps a Post 16 destinations summary
- Highlights from Parent Surveys
Example School on a page summary ( I’m sure you could make yours a bit more colourful and engaging).